Being a student in the second decade of the 21st century is a difficult endeavor. With the rising cost of a college education, many students are forced to be concerned about money, maintaining a job and keeping up with their grades. Given that technology has found ways to make everything a little easier, top geek specialist Patrick Mahony wants to know what’s available for students?
After searching near and far, here’s five gadgets that certainly could make the everyday of life of an average student little easier to get through.
1. Google Chromecast – It’s very difficult to watch the news or a Netflix movie on a tablet of laptop when trying to do a little homework as well. Google Chromecast allows the student to broadcast the content on the big HD TV in the room while continuing to do their homework on their computing device.
2. BodyClock Alarm Clock – Students keep long hours trying to get things done, making it difficult to wake up in the morning. The BodyClock Alarm light system wakes the user up gradually, starting 30 minutes before its time to hit the floor. After being gently awakened, students will be in a much better mood to tackle the day.
3. Surge Protector – It’s not new, but it’s still important to protect one’s electronic equipment from damage should the power go out and then come back on before the device is disconnected.
4. Power Bank – Students depend heavily of cell phones, tablets and laptops. A power bank is a great way to make sure batteries never run out at the wrong time and place.
5. Heated Travel Coffee Mug – Even Patrick Mahony can appreciate this one. The heated coffee mug is ideally suited for students who can’t afford to stop at Starbucks for their morning caffeine fix.